The UASF invites applications from citizens of Botswana with expertise in the following sectors:
• Postal Sector
• ICT Sector
• Broadcasting Sector; and
• a Consumer Representative
Applicants must be independent and not be employed by or have ownership in entities in the aforesaid sectors.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE BOARD
• Through the Secretariat, develop the UASF Strategic Plan in accordance with government policies and existing regulatory frameworks.
• Consideration of all UASF strategy and financial matters for approval, including budgets, consultancies, tenders, annual fund audits among other relevant issues.
• Holds quarterly and extra-ordinary meetings as may be required in line with its duties
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the Communications Sector 2
• Strategic Orientation
• Business Acumen
• Stakeholder Management
• Decision making
• Building and maintaining strategic relationships
• Leadership Skills
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Degree qualification is a minimum requirement
EXPERIENCE: Relevant Experience in the Communications Sector, in particular, Postal, ICT, and Broadcasting services.
APPLICATIONS: Only candidates that meet the stipulated requirements should apply and enclose the following;
Motivational letter on why they believe they are suitable candidates for the role and attach a copy of curriculum vitae stating the reference number.
All applications should be addressed to;
The Board Secretary
Universal Access and Service Fund
Private Bag 00495, Gaborone
Plot 50671, Independence Avenue, Gaborone (BOCRA Head Office)
All electronic applications must state the reference as the subject of the mail. APPLICATION CLOSING DATE & TIME: 20 July 2018, 1700HRS. The UASF will respond to successful candidates only.